A journal of our family's adventures in trying traditional and/or popular dishes from around the world. Our two children take turns picking different countries and we find a popular recipe from those countries to make for dinner. We are having so much fun "traveling" the world right from our own kitchen!
The Kids' World Map
Thursday, July 17, 2014
The Land Down Under
6-2-2014: Rory was very excited about Australia and kept asking me when it was going to be Australia night (our schedule had been hectic and I was a little slow in getting this one made). Finally, we got to it! I had found a CNN article entitled "Australian food: 40 dishes locals like to call their own". Number 21 was Sausage Rolls and the article said it is the lunch choice of many Australians. I then found a great Australian website called Kidspot with meals for kids - perfect! We chose to make their Snazzy Sausage Rolls. They turned out quite well and were SO yummy! Gavin helped make them and the kids loved them - yeah! My hubby loved them, too - bonus! I loved that ours looked just like the picture on the website, too (pats on back!). The extra bonus was that the meat mixture included veggies, including carrot, potato, leek, tomato sauce and a pepper. The mixture was wrapped up in puff pastry. I forgot to add the egg wash on top for a nice finish, I guess, but they turned out great without it. I have some extra meat I froze and will be glad to have it on hand so we can make these yummy rolls again! Thank you, Land Down Under, for a successful meal!
http://www.kidspot.com.au/best-recipes/Australian+58/Snazzy-sausage-rolls-recipe+2498.htm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment